1. Notification on cookies
With the aim of having this webpage functioning properly and in order to be able to make improvements of the page, with the purpose of the improvement of Your browsing experience, this webpage must prepare a small amount of information to Your computer (Cookies).
2. What is a cookie?
Cookies are textual files which contain small amounts of information which are read into your device when you visit a website. Cookies then are sent back to their source web domains during your later visits to this domain. This enables a webpage to present information adjusted to Your needs because via cookies webpage remembers Your actions and adjustments during a certain period. Every time the user opens a webpage, web server may read the value previously sent into cookies.
Most of webpages contain elements from multiple web domains so that, when you visit a website, your browser may receive cookies from multiple sources.
Cookies are useful because they enable a website to recognize the device of a user. Cookies enable you to navigate efficiently between pages, remember your priorities and generally improve user experience. They also may be used to adjust advertisements to your interests through tracking of your browsing through websites.
Our cookies cannot be used to initiate a program or deliver a virus to Your computer.
There are various types of cookies, and usually they are classified according to duration, domain they belong to and purpose:
- Temporary (session) cookies are deleted after the user closes the browser. Permanent (persistent) cookies remain stored at the user’s device for a certain period of time.
- First-party cookies are set by the server of the visited domain. Third-party cookies are set by the domain different from the one visited by the user.
- According to the purpose, cookies may be essential if they support basic technical characteristics of the webpage, functional if they improve user experience, analytical for the analysis of the use of pages and marketing for tracking of the individual user interest.
Cookies are not:
- Designed for spying of users and DO NOT follow everything the user does.
- Malicious code or virus
- Related to undesired messages
- Capable of following Your commands on the keyboard (do not store your passwords)
- They are only and exclusively designed for analytics and advertising
What types of cookies MONA uses and why
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies which expire (and are automatically deleted) when you close the Internet browser—we use session cookies to enable the access to the content and enable commenting (things you must do when you are applied to a webpage with your data).
- Persistent cookies – these cookies usually have expiration date in distant future and thus they will remain in your browser until they expire or until you delete them manually. We use persistent cookies in order to have better understanding of the user habits, so that we can improve the web page according to Your habits. This information is anonymous – we do not see individual data of users. Maximum duration of these cookies is one year.
- Essential cookies–Indispensable cookies are those strictly necessary for the website operation. Without these cookies website will not function properly. Therefore, for these cookies we do not ask for Your consent. These cookies are important for fundamental website operations, such as shopping cart and technical operations of the website in order to enable its functioning as you expect it.
- Analytical cookies – these are the cookies which provide MONA with web analytics, i.e. the analysis of the use of our pages and measuring of visits, which MONA implements in order to improve the quality and content of offered services. For the stated, MONA uses Google Analytics composition and cookies _gat, _ga i _gid. MONA will use the stated cookies only if You give us your consent. Cookies _gat and _gid are removed when the Internet browser is closed whereas the cookie _ga remains saved at the internet and is not deleted, in other words, does not expire automatically. If you do not want the stated cookie to be saved, you may do that according to the instructions in the following link: https://tools.google.com/ dlpage/gaoptout
- Marketing cookies – these are used so that the users would be presented with relevant ads. MONA uses Google Analytics cookies ads/ga-audiences and collect, Facebook cookies etc.
3. Are there third-party cookies at the MONA webpage?
There are several external services which store limited cookies to the user. These cookies are not set by this web page, but some of them are used for normal functioning of certain possibilities, which make the access to the content easier for users. Currently we provide:
- Measuring of the number of visits
- MONA uses the service for the measuring of the number of visits, Google Analytics i Facebook Pixel
4. How to disable cookies
- At any point you may turn off the cookies which are not mandatory so they will not be kept at Your computer. Cookie setups may be controlled and configured in your web browser. For the information on cookie setup, choose option “help” at the web browser which you use:
- Internet Explorer 9
- Internet Explorer 7 i 8
- Opera (page in English)
- Safari (page in English).
If you disable cookies, you will not be able to use some of the functionalities at web pages.
5. Additional information about cookie turnoff
Currently there are several web pages for turning off the cookie keeping for various services.
For further information, go to the following links:
6. External links